Every second counts in the ER. When physicians spend time looking for charts or tracking down lab results, critical minutes go by that could otherwise be spent stabilizing acute patients. With ScribeCanada’s Physician Navigators, ED doctors are able to spend more time focused on patient care with the confidence their navigators are managing critical tasks that help improve care team efficiency.
Improve ED Efficiency through Dedicated Physician Navigation Support
BenefitsContact Client Solutions
How it Works
ScribeCanada will recruit, hire and train a local team of Physician Navigators utilising our refined training materials developed with our experience from working in various providences in Canada. Our unique model provides local Canadian-staffed teams managed by experienced project managers providing consistent quality updates and continuing education to your staff, so as your ED grows and changes, so does your navigator team to meet evolving demands.
ED navigators are available for full shift coverage and are trained to support key ED workflow needs:
- Direct physician-patient traffic.
- Keep the team informed of patients waiting in all areas of the department and find out which patients are waiting to be seen next.
- Keep track of all the patients their doctor has seen and when patients are ready for reassessment.
- Obtain the chart of the next patient for the next available MD to see.
- Update MD data in the ED information system (tracking board).
Navigators perform key tasks that help improve efficiency and quality of care, including:
- Physicians are able to work more efficiently and care team communication is improved, particularly between nurses and physicians. Navigators perform non-medical tasks that allow physicians to return back to the patient’s bedside and deliver more personalised patient care.
- Patients are informed about wait times, directed in and out of exam stations, blood work and x-ray information is prepared an delivered at discharge, and more.
Our process ensures navigators are ready for the demands of a busy ED environment:
- Demanding classroom training
- Training Shift with senior level navigators
- Continuous and regular reassessment