Outpatient providers don’t always have the support they need. Scribes help outpatient doctors reduce wait times, manage patient volume and improve patient care.
A Customized Approach to Handling Outpatient Workflow.
In the outpatient setting, customization is key. ScribeCanada tailors our medical scribe program to the needs and preferences of each individual provider. While scribes are trained to input electronic medical records and handle ancillary tasks, ScribeCanada also ensures that providers reach their broader, long-term goals. We help you take a step back and look at the big picture — rather than being overburdened by time-consuming data entry.
The benefits of optimizing workflow extend beyond saving time and money. By utilizing scribes, outpatient doctors are able to see more patients during every shift, boost patient care satisfaction levels and maintain a healthier work-life balance. Outpatient care is an indispensable part of the healthcare system in Canada today. ScribeCanada allows providers to implement proven, long-lasting healthcare solutions for their outpatient care team.
BenefitsContact Business Development
Increase access to patient care
Improve billing coding for accuracy and correct reimbursement
Handle uptick in patients without adding another provider
Better plan for seasonal health crises (like flu season)
Immediate access to patient records and clinical information
Trained data specialists readily available to medical, nursing and office staff
Decrease wait times for outpatient services
Delegate electronic medical record inputting to scribes
How it Works
To achieve measurable results, our team closely monitors progress from the first day of implementation.
Together, we improve the effectiveness of your outpatient providers.
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Support the transition to a medical scribe program
- Define KPIs and goals
- Train scribes to meet outpatient specialty specific needs
Our goal is to increase effectiveness and mitigate risk with our integrated approach.
- Work on-site with outpatient administrators
- Review metrics including cost and quality
Our process ensures scribes are ready for the non-stop ED environment.
- Step 1: Demanding classroom training
- Step 2: Training Shift with senior level scribes
- Step 3: Continuous and Regular Reassessment
The Advanced Scribe Training Program
Approximately 120 hours per scribe
- Medical Terminology
- System Based Videos
- Audio Exercises
- Compliance Training
- Documentation for Billing and Medicolegal Liability
- Professional Appearance
- Case Presentations
- Final Examination
minimum 6 days
- One-to-one Personal Clinical Training
- Real-time Chart Review and Corrective Feedback
- Advanced Efficiency and Patient Tracking Training
- Core Measures and PQRI Documentation
- Clinical Performance Final Assessment
- Quality Assurance Program and Continuing Scribe Education
- Monthly Evaluations and Performance Assessments
- Monthly Provider-to-Scribe Satisfaction Reporting
- Charting Review and Deficiency Log