Click here to find out
In the ER, a doctor’s time can be as precious as a patient’s life. Emergency Department doctors are increasingly tasked with more demands on their time, resulting in 15-hour work days, full waiting rooms and dozens of daily patient consults. For every hour spent caring for patients, ED physicians now spend up to 2 hours inputting electronic medical records. Time-consuming documentation makes it harder for doctors to do the job they were trained for.
Scribes are the Solution to Improving Your ED
BenefitsContact Client Solutions
How it Works
ScribeCanada hires the most-qualified scribes with a passion for patient care. Recent studies have shown the proven success rates of implementing a scribe program in an Emergency Department. A 2018 report published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal revealed that 82 percent of physicians saw more patients per hour with the use of a scribe. Overall, the number of patients seen per hour was significantly higher during shifts with a scribe in the ED. Preventing provider burnout is integral to the future of the Canadian healthcare system. Medical scribes are a crucial part of this equation, offering providers a proactive way to create the best healthcare model for both patients and physicians. With over two decades of experience and expertise, ScribeCanada works across territories to offer comprehensive, technologically-advanced and necessary resources for Canada’s large healthcare network of providers.
ED scribes are available for around-the-clock coverage and are trained to:
- Document Triage Notes to the Highest Level of Specificity
- Request Provider Feedback for Chart Approval
- Assist with Comfort Rounding
- Work with Nursing Staff to Prepare Discharge Information
With a medical scribe embedded within the care team, you will reduce inefficient documentation and improve clinical data capture for accurate billing.
- Capture information at the point of care.
- Identify unique patients for specialized care.
Our process ensures scribes are ready for the non-stop ED environment.
- Step 1: Demanding classroom training
- Step 2: Training Shift with senior level scribes
- Step 3: Continuous and Regular Reassessment
The Advanced Scribe Training Program
Approximately 120 hours per scribe
- Medical Terminology
- System Based Videos
- Audio Exercises
- Compliance Training
- Documentation for Billing and Medicolegal Liability
- Professional Appearance
- Case Presentations
- Final Examination
minimum 6 days
- One-to-one Personal Clinical Training
- Real-time Chart Review and Corrective Feedback
- Advanced Efficiency and Patient Tracking Training
- Core Measures and PQRI Documentation
- Clinical Performance Final Assessment
- Quality Assurance Program and Continuing Scribe Education
- Monthly Evaluations and Performance Assessments
- Monthly Provider-to-Scribe Satisfaction Reporting
- Charting Review and Deficiency Log